Zia R. Rehman
College of Business
Ph.D. Modeling and Simulation (Statistics), College of Sciences, University of Central Florida, 2014
MSc. Modeling and Simulation (Statistics), College of Sciences, University of Central Florida, 2014
MA Mathematics, University of Louisville, KY, 2001
MSc Modeling and Simulation (Statistics), University of Central Florida, 2014
• Summer 2014 – Present DRAKE UNIVERSITY, Des Moines, IA
Assistant Professor Actuarial Science
ACTS 121 (Intro to Derivatives), Advanced P/C Ratemaking, CAS 3ST (Statistics & Probabilistic Models).
• 08/2011-12/2011 NORTH CAROLINA AGRICULTURAL AND TECHNICAL STATE UNIVERSITY, Greensboro, NC
Adjunct Instructor (Mathematics Department)
• Rehman, Klugman, “Quantifying Uncertainty in Reserve Estimates” Variance, Volume 04, Issue 01, Fall 2010, pp.
30-46; Publisher: Casualty Actuarial Society.
• Oetjen, Fottler, Unruh, Rehman, “Consumer Determinants of the Use of Health Plan Information in Plan Selection,”
Health Services Management Research, Volume 19, Number 4, November 2006, pp. 232-250(19). Publisher: Royal
Society of Medicine Press
• Rehman., Finch, Toms “Estimating Abundance: A Non Parametric Mark Release Approach for Open and Closed Systems”.
Submission Biometrics (expected), Fall 2015
• Rehman., Gardner, Heckman “Capital Framework for Property Casualty Insurers”. Submitted Variance March, 2015.
• Rehman., Gardner, Parsa “Estimation of Risk Loads for Property & Casualty Insurers”. Submitted: North American
Actuarial Journal; Publisher Society of Actuaries, Feb 2015
• Rehman., Gardner “Quantifying Property Liability Market Competitiveness and Predicting Impact of Rate Regulation
on New Business Mix”. Submitted Journal of Risk and Insurance July 2015
• Rehman., et al. “A Unified Approach to Value Investing Using Average Matrices”. Under Progress.
• 02/2010-Present Consulting Business, Des Moines, IA
• 2009-2010 OHIO BUREAU OF WORKERS COMPENSATION, Columbus, OH
Director of Actuarial Analysis
• 2007-2009 AIG UNITED GUARANTY (Member of American Insurance Group), Greensboro, NC
Finance and Capital Actuary
• 2003-2005 ALLIED INSURANCE (Member of Nationwide Insurance), Des Moines, IA
• 1996-1998 ARAB ORIENT INSURANCE (Al-Futtaim Group), Dubai, United Arab Emirates
• 1993-1994 AVIVA Group, Karachi, Pakistan
• Visiting Professor (Derivative Markets), University of International Business and Economics (UIBE), Beijing,
China, Summer 2015.
• Graduate Faculty Scholar, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL since Fall 2014.
CONFERENCES AND LECTURES
• Speaker at Central States Actuarial Forum “Impact of Rate Regulation on P/C Insurers” Fall 2015, Des Moines, IA
• Speaker, Nationwide Insurance, Des Moines, IA “Risk Load Measurement”, Fall 2014
• Speaker, Actuarial Research Conference, Santa Barbara, CA “Risk Load measurement”, Summer 2014
• Speaker, University of North Carolina, Greensboro, summer, 2012 “A Multiple Mark Release Estimator”
• Speaker “Pricing Split Credibility Workers Compensation Plans”, Bureau of Workers Compensation, Columbus, OH
• Speaker, CAS Loss Reserve Seminar, 2009 “An Easy Way to Build Reserve Ranges”
GRANTS, AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIP
• University of Central Florida Provost award
• University of Central Florida Presidential award
Fellow of Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS)